A parasite is a life form that survives by harvesting from its host. nutrients found in the food that we eat.
Parasites are everywhere – they can be in the vegetables we eat (common in the seaweed used in sushi for example). They can be transmitted through insect bites, contact with animals, water, raw fruit and vegetables. Undercooked meat and fish is another source. You can even catch them from walking barefoot.
Imported food is often not radiated to destroy parasites as people want ‘fresh’ products. Lower sanitation levels in developing countries are the leading cause of parasitic transmission. Parasites affect billions of people worldwide. Most people survive well and are not even aware they have parasites.
These intruders live mainly in the digestive system depriving our bodies of vitamins, nutrients and amino acids. They are also responsible for altering the body’s PH level. All this can cause decreased energy levels, increased toxicity levels and can affect your immune systems and decrease your overall health. Parasites (dead or alive) tend to be in the caecum which is a pouch connected to the junction of the small and large intestines.
Allergies, arthritis, asthma or even nerve disorders can often be directly linked to parasite infections. Mild parasite infections can show no symptoms at all but that does not make them less hazardous. It could be that a mild vague feeling of not feeling 100%, digestive problems, colic, irritable, fatigue, off colour and generalised or localised itchiness are experienced. Heavy infestations can cause Symptoms of abdominal pain and diarrhoea. Very heavy infestations can cause blood loss, anaemia, weight loss, appendicitis and even death!
The aim is to avoid becoming infected and strengthening the body to resist infestation. Worms LOVE sugar, acid conditions and constipation. A diet high in fibre and alkalising food is the best prevention and cure for infestations.